Subject: Re: [Leica] A question about my "new" IIIf
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:03:08 -0800

>I was wondering, though, if someone in the assembled company could
>offer me a hint about the one piece of gizmory which remains a
>mystery: the little set of numbers, counting off in evens from 0 to
>20, around the base of the shutter-speed dial, and their associated
>movable ring.  Whazzit?

those little numbers are use to sync the flash (the 'f' in 'iiif').
according to the original manual: 'the required scale settings of the
syncro-dial depend on the type of flash bulb used and on the shutter speed
required.'

i've never used flash with my iiif, so i can't say how well the system
works. i'm sure some of the more experienced sm luggers can explain.

best of luck,

guy