Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder patch flare
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:50:41 -0800

Nope.  My HM is worse in this regard than my .72.

I don't believe the flare has anything to do with the acceptance angle of
the viewfinder.  My understanding is that Leica changed the optical
construction of the RF when they added the 28mm frame line - something about
removing a condenser in the light path if I remember correctly. Since the
optical construction of both the .72 and .85 RF's is the same, I'd expect
them to flare equivalently.  In my experience, they do :-(

Paul Chefurka