Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UVa Filter unwanted effects.
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:33:25 +0000

on 10/2/00 7:59 pm, Dan Cardish at dcardish@microtec.net wrote:

> In all seriousness, I would love to see an example of the same scene
> photographed with and without a UV filter, where there are noticeable
> differences.   Perhaps they could be posted to the LUG page (I've forgotten
> the URL) set up by Hans Pahlen for LUGers to post their Leica images.

Well, I can't post the pictures, but working as a director in TV with a
cameraman there have been a number of occasions where a filter in front of
the lens has degraded the image to the point where I've asked for it to be
taken off. Always when shooting contre-jour.

Most TV and film cameramen shoot without a filter. Generally they only use
filters for ND or colour filtration, possibly grad. Anyway, the point is,
looking at the monitor, I've seen it many times, and for that reason I shoot
without filters in front of my glass.

Anyway, this brings me to my main point. The Elmarit 28 I just bought seems
to have a filter built in and I can't work out how to get the f***ing thing
off. Can someone tell me??

Ta.

- --
John Brownlow