Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital cameras and Interchangable lenses?
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:00:17 -0600

>>N**** and C**** use lens elements in their digital bodies to correct the
field of view so that the smaller format area of the CCD sensor shows the
same field of view as what a photograpgher is used to with their 35mm SLRs.
In other words without the corrective lens elements a normal 50mm lens would
turn into a small telephoto. <<

John,
Is this a new thing for the digital SLR? I seem to remember the N90/Kodak
digital camera didn't compensate for the CCD/Film size discrepancy,. There
was actually a rectangle inscribed on the screen that showed the "new" image
area of the CCD.
Is this what you mean, or have I been out of the digital loop too long?
Thanks,
Mark Rutledge