Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UVa Filter unwanted effects.
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:12:21 -0500

Speaking of video, the latest Angenieux zoom lenses for broadcast video come
with a piece of glass in the lens shade.  They are very fine lenses.  I
assume this lens was designed with this in mind.  The shade with its glass
is however removable.

Since we shoot with a full crew if there is a light shining on a lens a grip
simply puts up a flag on a stand to block the offending light.  These
multi-element zoom lenses can flare pretty easily if you are not careful.

Kind of a different situation from an avaliable-light photo shoot.

Mike D