Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL battery drain
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:50:41 -0700

Here is an old post on the subject:
==========================

Tom. Your TTL could have a problem with the circuit for checking the chip in
the camera. Unscrew your battery cover and take out the batteries. At the
bottom of the 'well" you will see a spiral shaped silvery spring and also
two
small "silver" dots. Using a pencil, lightly slide the point over the two
dots, if you can feel them protruding above the bottom of the battery well
just push them down below the bottom level. Dont push too hard, just enough
to get them below the level. The dots are parts of the 'check" circuit for
the cameras metering system. If they protrude above the bottom they drain
the
batteries rather quickly. On my M6TTL I used to go through a set every 2-3
weeks and after the 'adjustment" they last for month. You can also stick a
piece of thin, electricians tape over the two dots to ensure that they stay
'down" in high vibration environment ( choppers, airplanes, motorcycles
etc).
Tom A

Hope it helps.

John Collier