Subject: [Leica] Naked glass
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:12:10 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
><Snip>  photography is great. But we can healthily disagree on things.
>
> So Austin, just accept the fact that I think UV filters are useless and
> most other filters are useful. That I use filters a lot. And attempting to
> protect the front element of your lens with another piece of glass is
> ludicrous.
>
> Jim

I agree with Jim that a filter should do something light wise and not just be
the plastic see through sticky sofa covers of fine photography.
You know how you feel when you wear shorts and your legs are kinda sweaty and
you sit on one of those sofa covers?
Well that's how I feel when I ... well never mind.
Let your lenses breath and be free!! They need air!!!
Don't compromise the optical formula of a lens unnecessarily!!!
Mark Rabiner