Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest RF Rumors
From: AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:33:19 +1100

CLE;
the minolta turned off the meter for two reasons (as told me by an insider)
1. At the time it was designed, the only serious Leica was the M4 and it did
not have a meter; so if a serious photographer wanted to go to manual, he
would not want an inboard meter--- how they must have squirmed when the m6
arrived and
2. If you were going to use the meter in the camera, you could lock the
setting if it were off centre and if it were not then why not use auto

it was a "painful" feature ;-)