Subject: Re: [Leica] John Brownlow's stuck filter
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:00:41 +0000

on 11/2/00 2:48 am, Harrison Mcclary at harrison@mcclary.net wrote:

> once upon a time John Brownlow wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, this brings me to my main point. The Elmarit 28 I just bought seems
>>> to have a filter built in and I can't work out how to get the f***ing thing
>>> off. Can someone tell me??
>
> John,
>
> Is it the newest 28 elmarit.  If so you do realize the front element is flat
> don't you?  It is odd looking for the front element to be flat, but it is.

Okay, now I did my homework. The store I bought it from told me it was the
secondmost recent version, but they were wrong. It's the most recent,
identifiable by the 46mm filter size, and yes, you're darn tootin', it's not
a filter but the front element. Hmmm!!

I guess I'll put that hacksaw away then.

And keep quiet about how little they asked for the lens.

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
        music:    http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk