Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M6 Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare CONTROL ??
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:59:53 -0000

I've got to weigh in on Stephen's side on this one....Yes, it's helpful for
LUGers who have found Rube Goldberg fixes for the problem to share those
fixes...But the bottom line is the question of why we are willing to put up
with Scotch tape and Magic Marker fixes of a quite basic defect in a $2000
camera BODY? People on this list worry about every tiny nick and scratch
their Leica's pick up. They leave the plastic stickem piece on the base
plate. Some treat their cameras with more care than I'd bet they treat their
children - and yet we blithely discuss ways to place little dots of paper on
the view finder window to make it possible to USE the rangefinder. There is
something really quite bizarre about this.

And what can we do?

What might happen if every single LUGer who has a viewfinder problem wrote
to Leica complaining and demanding a fix?

B. D.