Subject: [Leica] camera insurance
From: Andre Calciu <a.calciu@anent.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:41:16 -0500

regarding the issue of insurance for camera gear (or pretty much all other
professional gear) i have this very illustrative example from an inurance
adjustor:

you drop your camera in a pond.

1.- fish it out, insurance may or may not pay for repair/replacement
2.- keep on rowing to the next camera store and buy a new camera. insurance
will cover replacement cost.

now, it is all a judgement call for you, the owner if you want to wade through
the pond, ruin your clothes and end up with a lousy camera, or

you choose the path of least resistance and get new gear.

andre