Subject: [Leica] Baling twine and bubble gum
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:04:39 +0000

Stephen Gandy: >>>Does anyone else besides me think this particular
thread is going the wrong way? My god people, you buy a $2,000 M6 camera
body and then believe it's OK to use tape or a rubber band to get it to
work right ?? the only thing being controlled is the customer's low
level of expectations.<<<

That would be my take. Then again, I never noticed a problem with either
of my M6's or my M4. That might be because I didn't use the rangefinder
all that much--I tended to focus my Leicas more by feel.

- --Mike