Subject: [Leica] Kindermann loses Leica update.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:03:57 -0700

Well I went to my dealer and they had received a letter from Werner
outlining the situation as we know it. The letter did not blame anyone of
course as that would be unprofessional. Unfortunately Lisle-Kelco did not
get the good reviews I was hoping for. They tend to sell at a premium (they
acquire a line and the prices jump up), they give very low margins to
dealers ( 5% on high end processing equipment) and their Western Canada rep
is not very familiar with their products (of course he knows the codes and
prices but not how to use it). As Ted says time will tell but the signs are
not good. Perhaps I will be looking for a dealer in the States. Too bad, as
my local dealer is very good and Kindermann is even better. Oh well maybe I
will give the Hexar RF a go, but what if they are represented by Lisle-Kelco
too! ;-) I am glad to report the sun did rise this morning, though I was
half expecting it would not, life does seem to be progressing and the Ms do
still work fine. I will feel much better after I figure out a way to get a
very ripe tomato in my email to Herr Cohn.

Sort of Cheers in a Half Hearted Way

John Collier