Subject: Re: [Leica] Weddings
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:39:04 -0800

Jorg Willems wrote:

> That is very kind of you, Tina!
> Weddings are very stressful and we never had any intention to get into that.
> Kids are out of the house and this is something we enjoy together.  Nothing
> beats the glass of a good Merlot after a hectic wedding (they are ALL
> hectic) and when Katariina comes out of her darkroom Sunday morning to tell
> me that there are 'really some good one'.

Nothing beats having survived a good wedding and knowing how much you saved them
from one of those "wedding" photographers!:)
Weddings are looked down upon by other photographers but the real reason is NO
GUTS. They don't know what TRUE FEAR is and don't want to know.
I shot about 100 weddings in 20 years the truth comes out. Nothing beats those
deviled eggs and polyester dresses!
No redos' with weddings!!!! "Fly'em back in!!"  Everything has GOT TO WORK!
Anything less that technical perfection and being more than two places at once
results in the family making a little photograph voodoo doll which gleefully
gets pins put in it for the duration of the known continuum.
Now there's a WAR for you!!
Mark Rabiner
Never shot one with a Leica though, but have done one or two with a twin lens Rolleiflex!