Subject: [Leica] Re: [Rollei] Leica acquisition question
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:37:46 -0500

Yes
They are the most affordable Leicas out there
particularly the IIIcs and other non-special models.
There's one thing I can't understand though. It seems
to me that the original chassis model as seen on the G model (IIIa I think)
was far more solid than what came later. The advance
is smoother and the camera is more compact. Why did
they change over to the second version of the LTM chassis?
(The one with the full top instead of the RF cover top?
Was it for cost reduction, or was there another reason?
Javier