Subject: [Leica] Summicron 90 old vs APO for portraits
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:46:28 -0700

A little while ago we discussed how a medium telephoto that goes a little
soft wide open is perfect for portraits. The 100 f2.8 macro lens was not
recommended as it was too crisp and harsh for portrait work. Erwin and
others have said that the 90 APO is even sharper than the 100 macro and I
was wondering if this would make the 90 APO unsuitable for portraits! I have
a 90 tele-elmarit that I love and have no plans on selling and it has that
delightful slightly soft rendition focussed close and wide open. I would
like to supplement it with a summicron for when the light is low and weight
does not matter. Naturally I know the old 90 is a little soft wide and close
but can anyone comment on how they have found the APO for wide open
portraits?

Thank you

John Collier