Subject: [Leica] Re: 90/2.8 VS 90/2 APO
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:42:21 -0500

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:46:46 +0100
> From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Kindermann
>
> On 12-02-2000 21:08 Marthe & Rene wrote:
>
> >Here is my question. last week I traded in my 90mm F2.8 Elmarit and
ordered
> >the new 90mm F2 APO-Summicron-M ASPH from Kindermann Canada. I was told
that
> >it would be two to three months before my lens was actually delivered.
>
> You will be extremely satisfied with the Summilux-M 35/1.4 ASPH, it's a
> killer lens, the one which I consider the main justification for owning
> an M system.... !
>
> As for the new Apo-Summicron-M 90/2.0 ASPH, you'd get it right now if you
> ordered it through a good dealer like Foto Hobby in Frankfurt, Germany.
> But why did you trade in your already excellent Elmarit-M 90/2.8 for this
> new lens, unless you really need the f/2.0 stop? And the Elmarit is
> lighter and less bulkier than the Summicron.
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

Reason #1 I figured the 90/f2 would be a good match to my 35/f1.4. I wanted
a 75/1.4 but the price was too steep for me.

Reason #2 I bought my Elmarit used. A real user lens. I was never really
happy with it wide open. I got a good deal on the APO. There is currently a
$300 rebate being offered in Canada.  My new lens cost me $2700 with taxes
(about $1800 US tax included). And I was able to sell my Elmarit privately
for a decent price.

Reason #3 What can I say, I'm a sucker when it comes to fast glass.

Rene C