Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and airport xrays
From: TM <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:01:21 -0800

At Burbank, Oakland, Chicago, and Denver airports during the last two
years I've watched x-ray inspectors intermittently open my Billinghams
containing M body and lenses and R8 body and lenses and pull out the
bodies and only one or two lenses, feel same all over with the tips of
their fingers, marvel at the solid construction of the lenses, and
ignore my Gossen light meter and other contents. It was all too clear
they were in the mood for a quick sensual experience with Germany's
outstanding engineering results and had no interest in checking for
suspicious items. This certainly produced a chuckle in me each time! I
am watchful, though, and the need was confirmed recently by the event
wherein a Hollywood actress who, while not paying attention, failed to
spot an inspector steal thousands of dollars in cash and some
possessions from her purse at an x-ray inspection location at Los
Angeles International.

Terry