Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Heaven and Hell
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:17:33 -0800

I believe you may be wrong about Hell. At least according to Jake:

Jake died and was taken to his place of eternal torment by the devil. As he
passed sulfurous pits and shrieking sinners, he saw a man he recognized as a
lawyer snuggling up to a beautiful woman.
"That's unfair!" he cried. "I have to roast for all eternity, and that
lawyer gets to spend it with a beautiful woman."
"Shut up," barked the devil, jabbing him with his pitchfork. "Who are you to
question the woman's punishment?"

Joe

From Robert Appleby:
There was a post on the LUG (or maybe LEG) some time back about the
relative temperatures of Heaven and Hell, in which it was shown that Heaven
is actually hotter than Hell. Given the low probability of anyone on this
list ever going to Heaven, this was a great relief to all of us, I'm sure.
However, on mature reflection, all pictures of Hell show _naked_ people
running around being pitchforked by the devils and  all, so what if hell is
actually very cold? What if it actually freezes over? No clothing is
allowed in Hell. That would also be uncomfortable. I am now able to provide
research results which conclusively show that Hell does not freeze over. It
follows that Hell actually has quite a pleasant climate, certainly better
than Heaven's. Champagne all round, I think!