Subject: [Leica] Hexar is no leica
From: "Neal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:17:29 -0500

This is my first posting here, and having been a leica user for the last 38 years it's interesting that my first post concerns a
non-leica. I recently purchased a Hexar RF (sacrilege I know) and have been very pleased with the results. True it doesn't
have the feel of an M6 but then an M6 doesn't have the feel of a IIIf. Focusing is a little more touchy due to the .6
magnification of the view finder, but the finder is very bright and I find the range finder window to be very contrasty and
even better than the M6 in some lighting situations. I also have a 24mm Elmarit and the .6 finder more closely matches this
lens than the .72 of the M6. All in all until Leica comes out with a copy of the Hexar I'll be happy to use it, the AE and the
built in auto wind are well worth the few short-comings.