Subject: [Leica] Re: new clothes
From: christian becker <8fps@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:11:20 +0100 (MET)

>Too much "unaccessible" photography gets hung in galleries.  I suspect
that >the reason for this is that many gallery curators are trained in art
>history and in traditional art forms.  They do not "understand" >photography.

What is to understand about photography? Anyone has a 'trained' view, this
way or another. Calling someone's work 'unaccessible' says more about the
viewer than the work. Take it or leave it. What these guys are - at least -
trying to do is to break new grouds, discover new sights, change the way we
look at things. If you don't like to learn something new stick to what you
like. BTW Picasso's work provoqued the very same responses first....

- --

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net