Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:51:47 +0000

Tina Manley wrote:

> But since you mention Eggleston, go to this site:
> http://www.masters-of-photography.com/E/eggleston/eggleston_greenville.html
> And explain to me why he even bothered to print this.  I guess it is almost
> scary to me that if I were editing my photos and came across one like this,
> I would file it in the round file!

I can only add that I have shot more exciting photos getting to the
first frame on the roll.  Truly.

A couple years ago an associate who was eager to crack the "art" photo
scene went to a photo conference seminar on art photography given by two
of the top agents in the business.  After the seminar she said she was
so disgusted by the arrogance, idiocy and rudeness of the people that
she changed her career choice.   I thought much more highly of her after
that.

donal

- --
Donal Philby