Subject: [Leica] Re: Chromogenic b/w films with Leica
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:24:22 -0800

Mark

>>Dave I thought you had told me that you were finding this film much more
scannable, undoubtedly become of the way the software works on the
scanners!?
Mark Rabiner
the scanners don't like silver!!<<

I think this had to do with using the ICE scratch removal function. The
scratch removal feature has problems with conventional b/w films and
Kodachrome. I use the scratch remover function on about one-out-of-five
scans.

It's true that I also said that XP-2 seemed to scan better. I haven't been
able to get good scans consistently on conventional b/w films, but I think
that's due to my lack of knowledge rather than a tool limitation.

Truth be told, it's nothing that a fiber-based monitor couldn't fix. All my
monitors have an RC look. Worse, they all contain UV filters so I won't
scratch my CRT. I don't have a choice. They're built in.

David