Subject: RE: [Leica] Chromogenic nightmares
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:22:58 -0500

There's probably nothing better for color print work, which is why I don't
do much color print work. The C-41 films have improved tremendously in the
past 10 years or so, but I don't see the point of putting anything on them
if you want it to last more than a decade. That's all.

[Austin] We have negatives that are 20 years old that are C-41, and I don't
find any problems with them.  They are stored in a cool, dry place.
 Perhaps if they are subject to heat that may cause color shift problems we
just don't see...

I am not aware that chromes supposedly last longer than negatives...is that
your contention?