Subject: [Leica] Sears!
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:53:34 -0000

Doug

Re using "T" on the LTM rangefinders,
presumably you'll have the shutter open for
several seconds at least, in practice the
camera shake induced by turning the dial
would be of such short duration (relative to
the exposure) as to have no effect.
Alternatively, how about the old fashioned
method?? Put the lens cap on before closing
off the shutter!

The "Tower's" seem to come up fairly
frequently on ebay, although they do appear
to command a premium over IIIC's.  Would
rather have the original myself!

Jason

> From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>

> And how hard are they to find?  I think I
want one!  Any model numbers to
> look out for, in particular?  (Btw, I hope
it's okay to be pursuing this
> on the LUG.  This is the only list, as far
as I know, devoted to
> classic rangefinders.)
>
> Also, is there any less onerous way to shut
the curtain when using
> T?  Turning the slow dial seems to me a
recipe for camera shake.