Subject: [Leica] M6 (not TTL) viewfinder framelines question
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:43:07 -0000

Hello everyone,

I bought a used M6 a couple weeks ago. This is my first Leica M camera. I've
shot about four rolls of film through it so far. I'm still getting used to
it, but otherwise am very pleased with the picture quality.

I do have a question about the framelines however. Being used, there's no
manual. And I guess I'm more used to my Contax G2.

I'm using a 50mm Summicron lens and assumed that the full view in the
viewfinder basically defined the 50mm frame. But I seem to be cutting stuff
off. I can see two framelines, one smaller one that's basically just corners
and a larger one that is basically a rectangle without the corners (sort of
opposite of each other. And outside the larger one, there's quiet a bit of
space. Is the outer (larger) one the 50mm frameline?

Oh, and is there a resource on the net that has the equalivalent of the M6
manual on-line?

Thanks in advance.

Les