Subject: Re: [Leica] Cindy Sherman cross processed Barbie
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:08:42 -0800

><Snip> her work, [...]
>
> *Guffaw*. She impressed the "political" downtown NYC
> gallery crowd whith a series of "social critiques"
> about as deep as an avrage ad in _Elle_. Like, wow,
> she dressed up as Barbie on Drugs and cross processed
> her film.
>
> Oh, man, I'm Drivin' the Porcelain Bus!
>
> Alexey Merz

We disagree on Cindy Alexey!
She cross processed more than once?
Each image is handled completely different by her.
I think she tailors all technical and esthetic judgement aspects of the elements
of an image to a suitable end;
And she knows what those many diverse elements are. She knows photography.
One might not like the results but she is a master of every single aspect of
technique and detail. Leaves no stone unturned...
Mark (never cross processed nothing yet) Rabiner
I'll admit to being completely in awe of Cindy Sherman.