Subject: RE: [Leica] Low Contrast Film
From: DenizSaylan.Foto@t-online.de (D.Saylan)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:41:36 +0100

Hi Folks,

I just read the few postings about the 100 E witch I like very much, too.
But did any of you already made a  push 1 or even push2 experience with the
Kodak films?
I did not yet made it, but I made it with the new Fuji RDPIII, Provia 100 F
and the results are gorgeous. I couldn't believe it, but you DO NOT have any
grain, nor stiff contrasts. The Provia 100 F is a enormous all-round film,
sharp as hell and very insensible at different light temperatures.

I think the Kodak E 100 S, WS, VS are very fine materials for fine
pre-defineated work results but for me as a reportage photojournalist who
has to handle with a lot of unexpected light situations and working
conditions, I love the flexibility to have only one type of film and you can
use it like three different ones (100, 200, 400 ASA).

The competition between E100 and Velvia is not really reasonable, because
the two films can't be compared very well. They are totally different films
with different techniques, colors and  contrasts. You can compare the E100S
with the E100VS, you can compare the E100S with the Provia 100F they are
films of one family, but the Velvia is a stand alone product like the
Kodakchrome Family, too.

But anyhow, the photographer has to know the material he is working with and
he has to be happy with the results of it, anything else is nonsense and
doesn't mean anything really. I just can tell you how much I like one film,
and why I prefer it, but everyone has to make it's own experience and has to
know what he want to have.

Best regards,

Deniz