Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M wrist strap...
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:46:09 -0800 (PST)

> My local dealer showed me a wrist strap that comes with a pouch for an
> M6 and collapsible 50mm - he said that the strap was available on its
> own.

It is, I bought one for the princely sum of about $30. Unfortunately, it
doesn't quite do it for me. The neckstrap lugs are mounted a little too
high on the body for me to keep my wrist in the strap comfortably and work
the shutter release/wind lever properly. It would be better if there was a
plate bolted to the camera baseplate that the strap attached to instead.
The strap itself is also somewhat thick and inflexible. It's unfortunate
because I like the idea of a security wrist strap a lot more than a neck
strap. Something in a nylon weave with a thin leather covering would be
better.

Hmm. Maybe I'll go talk to my machinist buddy and the guys at my local
leather shop.. :)

Godfrey