Subject: RE: [Leica] FSA site
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:24:53 -0500

> The US has been a nation for
> over 200 years but where only an infant when it comes to treating all our
> citizens equally.

[Austin] What an amazing statement.  Can you name any country that treats
outsiders more 'equally' than the US?  Parts of other countries treat you
somewhat 'equally' because you have money to spend (or treat you nice, but
charge you more...), but if you lived there, you would see the differential
biases.  It's human nature to treat people who 'look' like you more equally
than people who are 'different'.  I find it 'interesting' that people hold
the US to certain 'standards', yet the rest of the world gets a 'pass' on
the same or even worse 'behavior'.