Subject: Re: [Leica] Strobe recomendation (avert your eyes available lightpeople!)
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:20:21 -0500

Have not shot the white lightning's, know some folks who think they are great. We
use the Elinchrom Mono's and 1000ws packs. They have always been winners for us
over the last 12 yr.  http://www.elinchrom.com  They have a really good selection
of light shapers.

Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440

http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

csocolow wrote:

> I'll second Harrison on White Lightning ULtras as to ruggedness and PC
> Buff, Inc. for their customer service. I use both WL and Dyna-Lite and
> while I enjoy the compactness and weight savings of the Dynas I must say
> that when I need power the WLs put it out. Just wish they weighed less.
>
> Carl Socolow
>
> http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/
> New email address: csocolow@mindspring.com
>
> Harrison McClary wrote:
> >
> > Once upon a time, Bob Keene/Karen Shehade at kabob@tiac.net wrote:
> >
> > > I'm considering the purchase of some Sun Star Strobo monolights- they seem
> > > to be VERY well constructed, but are relatively new to the US market (they
> > > make my Buff Ultra's look like toys!) They are also as expensive as  if
> > > they were made by Leica :) but I wonder if anyone has any experience with
> > > them.... hello overseas shooters!?
> >
> > Bob,
> >
> > If they make the Ultra's look like toys then they must be rugged indeed.  I
> > have been using WL Ultras for location lighting for 10 years and have never
> > had a problem with them.  Love those ultras.  WL also has th ebest customer
> > service of any company I have ever dealt with.
> > --
> > Harrison McClary
> > http://www.mcclary.net
>
> --