Subject: Re: [Leica]Konica Hexar...It ain't no Leica..
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:12:02 +0100

dominique pellissier wrote:

> BTW the tri-elmar seems to me an odd thing : very expensive, cumbersome to
> use, and a debatable optical quality at full aperture (f:4 only...).

Dominique,

I totally disagree with you about the optical quality.
The Tri-Elmar is really, really good.
My picts on 35 and 50 mm , even wide open, a really sharp.
It's only on the 28 mm position that it's slightly soft on
the corner.
But better than my (1979-93) 28/2,8 at f/4.

You know, I usually respect CI tests.
But there are two tests result that I don't agree with:
The Tri-Elmar and Apo 90/2 Asph.

Lucien