Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Darkroom -- what's the secret?
From: "William D. Nelsch, Esq." <bnelsch@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:41:40 -0700

Andrew,

One thing that I have found with Epson printers (I am using the Epson Photo
EX) is that you have to keep everything within the Epson family - use only
Epson Ink on Epson paper.  Whenever I tried other inks and/or paper the
results were disappointing.  Using the glossy photo paper will usually give
the best results.

Bill

Andrew wrote:
What's the magic recipe here?  I've got an Epson Photo Stylus 750 and I
usually print on Epson Heavyweight Matte paper at 720 dpi (I notice no
difference
between 720 and 1440 dpi, though the printer supposedly can handle 1440).
The
resolution looks good, but the difference in image quality between my
conventional and
digital  prints is obvious to me, regardless of whether or I print in B&W or
color
for a B&W image.  I haven't printed on glossy paper yet, with one exception,
and the
results  were so poor I haven't gone back (that particular paper caused the
ink to
"blob"  together and the results looked very poor).  I'm really liking my
conventional darkroom right now (though the scanning/printing is fantastic
for generating
"contact" sheets). Any suggestions?