Subject: RE: [Leica] re: Contax lenses in M mount?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:55:25 -0000

No, I have not owned a Leica 28, and based on what I have read and heard
about it, I wouldn't own one. I have owned a 28 2.8 T* and a G, and that was
a terrific lens. Everyone - but you - with whom I have talked about the 28
has said that it is one of the weakest lenses in the M armamentarium.

As to the resale value question - I buy lenses to use, not to collect or
resell. If the best lens in the focal length is a Leica lens - as is
generally the case - that's what I'll buy. If something else is better, and
I can afford it, I'll go for that.

B. D.