Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: 35 1.4 aspherical (1st ver)
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:21:52 -0500

> If that's USD, it can't be an M lense...they go for mid to
> low $2k new....

Check your latest Shutterbug magazine for pricing on this lens.  For the
second (current) version you might be right, but the first version is one of
those mystical collectibles.  Aspherical elements hand-ground by the ghost
of Oskar and all that ;-)

[Austin] But it is supposed to be optically worse...

And BTW, I don't mean to get too usenettish on you or anything, but it's
spelled "lens".

[Austin] Thanks, I know that is how some people spell it ;-)  As well as "tyre" is spelled "tire"...