Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens / Lense
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:43:18 -0800

Interesting.  I looked on onelook.com, and got the following hits:

From Variety magazine slang:

lense -- to film a motion picture; "The project will lense in Rome and New
York."

From the Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms:

lense

Pyrite, round or oval in plan and lenticular in section, ranging up to 2
to 3 ft (0.6 to 0.9 m) in thickness and several hundred feet in the
greatest lateral dimension, that is found in coalbeds. Sometimes called
kidney sulfur. Mitchell

And in the Mirriam-Webster online dictionary, it is listed as you posted -
as a variant of lens.  I will withdraw my objection (but not very
graciously).  Thinketh ye notte that itt looketh dumbe?

Paul