Subject: Re: [Leica]Konica Hexar...It ain't no Leica..
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:20:12 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 4:12 PM

> dominique pellissier wrote:
>
> > BTW the tri-elmar seems to me an odd thing : very expensive, cumbersome
> > use, and a debatable optical quality at full aperture (f:4 only...).
>
> Dominique,
>
> I totally disagree with you about the optical quality.
> The Tri-Elmar is really, really good.
> My picts on 35 and 50 mm , even wide open, a really sharp.
> It's only on the 28 mm position that it's slightly soft on
> the corner.
> But better than my (1979-93) 28/2,8 at f/4.
>
> You know, I usually respect CI tests.
> But there are two tests result that I don't agree with:
> The Tri-Elmar and Apo 90/2 Asph.
>
> Lucien

#########
OK Lucien.
Next time I'll try a practical comparison between my 2/35 non asph and the
tri-elmar.
But, if we compare MTF tests published by Leica, between the 35 asph and the
tri-elmar at a focal length of  35 mm, and both the 2 lenses at 5.6, we
observe that the 35 is clearly the winner.
For CI, the tri- is "very good, good". And the 35 is "excellent, very good".
Yes, I know, "CI is -as other photographic reviews- totally bought off to
Nikon, or Canon or Minolta. And only Leica foto is an independent
review".;-))

Dominique