Subject: [Leica] new ballgames
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 02:06:26 -0800

I've been printing all night with Negs which I shot on a white backdrop with
strobes with my 90 Elmarit on my M6 with Leica Winder M.
It was Delta 100 and I ran it in Xtol 1:3 70 degrees for 15 minutes agitation
once per minute and with a pre soak.
They look better than my previous studio standard: Pan F in Rodinol. A cleaner
sharper image with better grain.
Also with a perfectly aligned enlarger because of my new Zig align with the LED's.
I was able to print stopped down only one from my 5.6 Nikor 80mm which i use for
my 35mm work and which I need to do for that warm stuff, the Ilford Multigrade
Warm which is a stop or two slower than my regular Multigrade FB.
And my first time using Agfa Neutal Plus, Xtol for prints (it has Ascorbic acid
in it and lasts all day).
Too many changes to know what the heck is going on but everything seems to be
working out.
Even the addition of Brown toner (sulfides) to my Selenium has worked out. This
is for archival purposes not effect but I don't mind the obvious effect on the
warm paper. On the regular paper if anything it seemed to make it cooler!????
Smells like dead bodies in the basement the minute you walk in!! Rotten eggs!!
Sunny side up! Shaken but not…
Mark Rabiner