Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: 35 1.4 aspherical (1st ver)
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:05:50 -0500

All,

I have the second version. I have a recollection of seeing, in the last
several years, test results directly comparing the first and second
versions and the results, aperture by aperture, were practically
identical. It is oft repeated lore that the redesign equaled the
performance of the first version while allowing significantly lower
manufacturing costs and, thus, higher margins.

David W. Almy
Annapolis