Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder flare and the M6
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:53:01 -0800

>I’m going to be at Solms in April and will take the M6 with me and ask
>Leica to check the rangefinder. Perhaps this is partly a matter of how
>well the finder optics have been set up - that would explain why some
>folks have the problem and some don’t. I’ll post whatever I learn from
>them.
>
>Doug Richardson

doug,

i for one would be very curious to learn what you are told.

i distinctly recall that one lugger had the flare problem 'fixed in a few
minutes' by a leica technician at a 'leica day'-type event at his local
dealer. that would seem to suggest that such a problem has a relatively
easy solution that doesn't involve covering the window.

do report back!

guy