Subject: [Leica] Re: FS: 35 1.4 aspherical (1st ver)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:36:09 -0800

At 06:18 PM 2/19/00 +0100, Lucien wrote:

>Frank,
>
>According to the Leica staff during the 1998 Photokina LUG's meeting,
>there was 2.000 35/1,4 Aspherical made.
>No more,  no less.
>
>Lucien

Lucien is correct. I was there. And from what Leica says, the lenses
perform equally well, the single ASPH is cheaper and easier to make, the
double ASPH has thus garnered collector status therefore the high price.

I have and use often, the latest single 35/1.4 ASPH. I may well be the
finest lens I have ever owned/used. And I have, and have had, a lot of
Leica and Zeiss lenses over the past 50 years.

Jim