Subject: Re: [Leica] Why I do not shoot color
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:47:36 +0800

> (3)Black and white is EASY!  Yes, you can take a crap picture and pass it of
> easier than a color one!

I don't shoot color because I don't know how.  I don't understand color theory,
color temperature, color tones, color films, and I don't know how to print in
color.  I don't know how to use color filters nor do I know how to balance
mixed lighting.  I don't know how to calibrate my monitor to print color.  I
don't know how to meter correctly to shoot chromes properly.   Miraculously my
crappy color negs look respectable in grey scale.  My cap is off to Eggleston
and others who can do it well.