Subject: Re: [Leica] Death of a Leicaphile
From: Bill Caldwell <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:56:04 -0500

From: Robert Appleby and Susan Darlow <laintal@tin.it>

Dear fellow Leicaphiles, this morning I am the bearer of sad news. One
of our number, my chameleon Socrates, passed away last night. I say
"my", but of course he was his own chameleon. He had lived with us for
many years.

Socrates was the only reptile I have known who expressed a preference
for a particular brand of camera equipment. When placed on top of my M6
with 35/1.4 Asph (second version) attached, he would turn a deep black
colour with five small red disks on his sides and back.

We buried him this morning in an old red M4-P box in the garden.

SNIP --

Rob,

My condolences as to the chameleon Socrates.  You honored him
appropriately with the interment.

BTW, an empty red M4-P box would fetch $50 or more (depending upon its
condition) on eBay.

Best Regards,

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia