Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting Rattlesnakes in the Wild
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:13:07 EST

> Fourth, I have heard that you always carry a 38 cal or 357 cal pistol
>  loaded with scatter shot in the event you have a problem

I'd shun a handgun in favor of a short-barreled, pistol-grip .410 gauge
shotgun with #8 or #9 shot. Single shot, break action will do. That means
cheap.

Ask a kid, I dispatched hundreds of poisonous snakes with a Daisy BB gun. I
do not recommend this tool as a safety option for those slow of foot nor
unsure of aim.

Chris Lawson