Subject: Re: [Leica] Wildlife and Guns
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:48:25 -0500

I don't know about anybody else but if I have to carry a gun with me to go
taking pictures I would not consider that as a fun project. In case
something bad happens(heaven forbid), it could either be you or the snake
that has to lose the live.
<<<

If I ever felt the need to carry a gun on my photo outings it would mean to
me that I haven't studied the animals in the area enough.  For the last 30
years it has been enough to know the animals' behavior, to be able to read
their language, and to not put myself in a dangerous situation.  Wild
animals are not wanton killers.  No picture is so important that I have to
risk my life or risk the animal's life by doing something the animal
perceives as a threat.

Doug Herr
Sacramento