Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5-battery solution
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:02:27 +0100

Actually, I have seen some here in Switzerland, but even though this country is
not in the EU, I assume that supplies here will dry up as well.

Nathan

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:

> jcberger@jcberger.com writes:
>
> <<
>  Buy some in Paris! (where selling mercury thermometers is forbiden now but no
>  batteries).
>   >>

> I was in Varta's Mercury battery plant in December, and I learned that they
> will stop producing Mercury cells. The manager told me that the EEC has
> banned them as well. Get them while you can in Europe
> This will probably leave China as the last hope. Ed Buzniak(sp?) sent me a
> couple of packages of some he had acquired, but I could not find out who made
> the cells. I asked my Asian sales guy to see what the situation is there. We
> don;t sell a lot to the button cell manufacturers, but he talks to most of
> the battery companies there. I'll let you know.
>
> Otherwise, .... ADAPT!
>
> Bruce Bowman
> Killingworth Ct

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman