Subject: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF vs. Leica M6
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:13:08 -0800 (PST)

> Sorry, but how much relevance can there be in comparing one camera
> handled for years (M6) to another handled - ahem - through saturday
> evening?

With all due respect, I think I'm experienced enough with regard to what
feels right and what doesn't *to me* that I can make a distinction with a
couple of hours fooling around with a camera. That's how I decided on the
Leica M6TTL in the first place, and I feel completely satisfied that I
chose the right camera there. (BTW, I've only had the M6TTL since
October.)

If I posted my impressions on playing around with my M6 or Rolleiflex or
whatever for an evening, well, they are my impressions. Not a long term
test in use. I said that up front.

Testing in the long term is different. For instance, I liked my Contax G2
very much for its feel and organization of controls but I found that in
shooting its *operation* bugged me constantly. I still like the feel,
I'm responding to a different issue.

Godfrey