Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon S3 millennium
From: "John Shick" <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:35:07 +0000

- ----------
>From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon S3 millennium
>Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2000, 9:49 PM
>

> Did the original Nikon rangefinders have variable magnification viewfinders?
>
> Dan C.

When I was in highschool, I had a Nikon SP. As I recall it had changeable
frame lines like the Leica, but the lens did not automatically put the right
frame line in the viewfinder.  I had to dial in the right frame with a knob,
I think,( God that was a lot of years ago).  I remember vividly, however, on
morning going off to class and leaving the Nikon SP on my bed rightside up
wiht no lens cap and the window shade was raised. I came bact to my room and
the Nikon with a lovely hole burned in the shutter.  I think the repair bill
was $100 a lot of money in 1959 or 60, I can't remember which.
John