Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt-R 250mm
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:46:03 EST

I had the early version of the 250mm f4 Telyt and found it to be adequate,
but not great.  I used it to photograph my kids' soccer games, but found the
focal length a bit short, and the helical focusing to be too slow to follow
the action effectively.  I was much more pleased with the 400mm f6.8 Telyt
which was both easier to use, and in my experience a better performer
optically.  The 250 was not awful, but somehow the pictures never really
matched my expectations.  The $650 price also seems high, as I bought mine
(albeit several years ago) for about $400, and sold it for $450 (mint in the
box) when I divested myself of it.

Mike Swiek