Subject: Re: [Leica] leica 90 mm elmar BM
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:36:56 -0800

JZa1058168@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone help me with the info necessary to identify the so-called
> "parallel" Elmar 90MM, BM. Serial number range and any identifying
> characteristics? A friend thinks he has one and says they have greater value
> that other Elmar 90's. j zarick cinn ohio. e mail: jza1058168@aol.com

The scalloped knurl on the focus mount would be the best ID. Make the
lenshead is engraved f/4.0 as the Elmarit f/2.8 has a similar scalloped
knurling. Of course it is also engraved Elmarit.

Also, the collapsable Elmar 90mm f/4.0 has a scalloped knurl but that is
not what is sometimes called the 'parallel' Elmar.

If he has one it has much greater value than the regular Elmar.

Dennis